Kings Pharmacy has been an established independent pharmacy in the Brooklyn area for almost 70 years. Patient satisfaction is our number 1 goal. Kings includes a highly professional staff of pharmacists who are specially trained and certified in disease state management. We currently provide services including but not limited to Medication Therapy Management, Immunizations, Hepatitis C and Blood Pressure Screening. In addition, Kings has a compounding department that has the ability to provide IV, oral, and veterinary compounds.
Our program provides an array of opportunities to advance the profession of community pharmacy.
The mission of the one-year ASHP/APhA accredited Kings PGY-1 Community Residency Program is to foster an environment of professional growth for the resident. The resident will be involved in activities that exemplify the valuable role of the community pharmacist in healthcare. At the completion of the residency, the resident should have the skills to continue to advance the profession of pharmacy.
The main program elements will include
- Direct patient care in the pharmacy, ambulatory/transition of care clinics at local NYC hospitals, staffing services, practice management, teaching and research.
- Provision of medication therapy management (MTM) in a community pharmacy.
- Development and promotion of disease state management services in community pharmacy.
- Manage and improve medication use processes.
- Exercise leadership and demonstrate project management skills.
- Provide medication and practice-related education and training.
- Development of teaching skills by precepting Pharm.D. students and involvement in labs and/or recitations at LIU Pharmacy.
- Learn about community pharmacy management and operations.
- Opportunity to organize community programs related to health and wellness.
- 2 Weeks paid vacation
- Six paid holidays
- Medical Insurance
- Travel expense of up to $1,000 for the resident to attend a national pharmacy conference
Qualifications and Application Requirements
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accreditation College of Pharmacy.
- Eligible for pharmacy licensure in the State of New York.
- Certified Immunizer in the State of New York.
- Application submission through PhORCAS.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- On-site interviews.
Read more about Kings Pharmacy’s PGY-1 Community Pharmacy Residency Program
- Kings Pharmacy PGY-1 Community Pharmacy Residency Program Manual2018
- Kings Pharmacy PGY-1 Community Pharmacy Residency Program Policy and Procedures
- Kings Pharmacy PGY-1 Community Pharmacy Residency Program Application Information
- Kings Pharmacy PGY-1 Community Pharmacy Residency Program Goals and Objectives 2018
Brooke D. Fidler, PharmD
357 Flatbush Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11238
Office: (718) 230-3535
Fax: (718) 622-6176
Email: [email protected]
The residency is scheduled to begin July 1st of each residency year.