A Commitment To Care
As an ACHC and URAC accredited specialty pharmacy, we offer a Commitment to Care program which is designed to empower each patient to take an active role in managing his/her medications.
What Are The Benefits?
Kings Specialty Pharmacy’s Commitment to Care (CTC) program is designed to empower you to take an active role in managing your medications. Recommendations from our trained clinical pharmacists are based on appropriate pharmaceutical care and are supported by education and counseling, including the use of written educational material. The services are specific to your needs and rely upon pharmacists working collaboratively with you, your doctor, and other healthcare providers to ensure you are getting the best care possible. CTC services provide the following benefits as you gain a greater understanding of your condition and medication regimen:
- Medication error prevention
- Improved detection of adverse drug events
- Education and counseling designed to enhance your understanding of your condition and the appropriate use of your medications
- Assistance in helping you understand your co-pays and deductibles
- Finding financial assistance programs that may make your medications more affordable
Why Is Taking Your Medication Important?
It is important that you are following the recommended course of treatment by taking all of the prescribed medications for the entire length of time necessary. Not taking your medications as prescribed can lead to many complications, such as:
- Treatment failure
- Increased hospitalizations
- Worsening of your existing condition
- The development of a new condition
To avoid these complications, take your medications at the same time every day as prescribed by your doctor or healthcare provider.
f you are unsure what your medications are for or how to take your medications, contact the CTC Team at Kings Specialty Pharmacy. Taking an active role in understanding the use of your medication regimen will allow you to be more engaged in your care, resulting in a much better outcome.
Please Do Not Hesitate to Contact Kings Specialty Pharmacy with Any Questions or Concerns
Kings Specialty Pharmacy is here to provide you with support you may need, or questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition(s) or medication(s). Please do not hesitate to contact Kings Specialty Pharmacy.
We offer a Kings 24-Hour Patient Help Line in case of emergencies. Please call (718) 230-3535 to speak to a pharmacist or fertility nurse regarding your emergency.
Helpful Pharmacy Tips for Timely Prescriptions
- Call the pharmacy for refills when you have 5-7 days of medications left
- Note how many refills you have remaining. When you use your last refill, call your doctor for a new prescription
- If your doctor changes your dose, let your pharmacist know; you may need a new prescription
- Kings Specialty Pharmacy provides same-day or next day delivery in the New York metropolitan area.
In the event of a disaster or emergency, or if you have been displaced from your home, please reach out to us to avoid any disruption in delivery of your medications and/or medical supplies.
The Kings Pharmacy Commitment to Care program brochure is available here!
For information regarding any of the following questions or concerns, please call (718) 230-3535 or our toll free number (800) 795-4647 to speak with a pharmacist or specialty service coordinator:
- Check on the status of my prescription
- Information on prescription substitutions
- Transfer my prescription to another pharmacy
- Obtain a medication that is not available at Kings Pharmacy
- Information regarding a medication recall
- Information regarding disposal of my medication
- Information on how to handle side effects associated with my medication
- Report any concerns or errors with my prescription
Please note: our CTC program is completely voluntary. Participants may opt out of our CTC program at any time, either in person, telephonically, or in writing. Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have!